Friday, January 18, 2008

Beware of Dog Nappers

Alternate title for this post: Get Your Hands Off My Bitch, Bitch

Editors note: this is an old post I wrote but forgot to post because I had no power.

Well here is a hurricane touching down in San Jose and as such the power has gone out to my house. This means no Internets, no computer (as it is I only really have 45 mins left of juice on my laptop) and as such no work. So I took this opportunity to make a cold lunch for my mom and I since we could not cook and discuss the hurricane going on. As we are discussing I see my two dogs out in the back yard just hanging out in the rain, they had escaped through the dog door in our garage since they love the rain.

Anyway, not 5 minutes pass by when all of a sudden I hear both my dogs going ballistic in an area that sounds like the front yard of my house. So I go and the sitchu out when low and behold I see my German Sheppard, Bono, in attack position ready to pounce on God knows what. As I survey the scene, I see a green Ford Taurus with all of their doors open as well as the trunk parked at an angle in the middle of the street. Then I see this old fat lady kinda crouching down to the floor with something in her hand (in the middle of the hurricane mind you) and my little Chihua, Pizza, totally going ballistic yet kinda going towards this lady with the open doors. That is when it hit me…SHE WAS TOTALLY TRYING TO STEAL MY DOG ala a perv in a made for TV movie.

I storm out of my house, guns blazing, in my house slippers and wild and crazy hair to find out what the hell is going on by screaming a number of obscenities and calling the dogs into my house so a) Bono would not maul her…I would rather do that and b) so secure Pizza’s safely. As I am careening towards her, she stammers out that she thought the dog was a stray and wanted to find out how it belonged to as she slams her doors and screeches out of my court. WTF?

I then go survey how the dogs got out in the first place and either the wind knocked our side door open or someone pushed it open. Scary.

3 comments:

it's not a gravy train said...

seriously, apparently so does this lady. There was another little dog that went missing in my "hood" last week too so I think she is on the prowl.

it's not a gravy train said...

yza, oh I had every intention of giving this lady a san jose beat down but she took off to fast. Pizza is moving up with me to the city so we can go to dog parks with her and have all the cute boys talk to us. YAY

YZA said...

totes! i live by dolores park, a HUGE dog park. pizza and bono will be very happy.