Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Night I Fell In Love with a Musician

I am a firm believer that everyone has a type of “person” they will 9 out of 10 times fall for. A friend of mine will almost always fall for hottie pro footballers (not American football but real football) that will never compare to normal guys, another good friend of mine will almost always fall for toxic quick witted hipsters she will later despise. Well I am no exception, 9 out of 10 times I will fall for slightly (or rather overtly) arrogant men in well tailored suits who, once I have committed, will semi-ignore me for most of our relationship yet try to compensate by buying me ridiculously expensive baubles and whatnots…it happens.

Well tonight this has all changed for me…as tonight I have fallen in love outside of my comfort zone. Yes, It is official…I, Miss GT is in love with a musician. A young classic rocker who plays the guitar like an angle and who wears eyeliner, fabulous jeans and talks with a raspy voice. I will say that unlike most musicians I did not see any visible tattoos which made him in my opinion even hotter since I think tattoos are vile…I digress.

So let me start from the beginning. I am in PR - a job that has many perks including access to random celebrities such as musicians and athletes that my client is heavily involved with. So tonight, for shits and giggles, we threw a concert with a pretty well known rock band for a bunch of press at a trade show. What was meant to be a standard let’s-rock-out-the-tell-me-what-you-thought-about-the-show kinda thing The band began their sound-check before our event and as I walk in from a rather tasty lunch I am confronted by one of the most gorgeous men I have laid eyes on in quite some time. And that was it all it took was one look and I was a goner.

I sat there watching him sing day dreaming about our one bed room flat in SF or NYC…him strumming away on his guitar singing to me the latest song he wrote about how quirky yet impossibly lovely I am and me sitting on a musicians stool wearing his band t-shirt with quirky yet impossibly lovely tousled hair. And in an hour it would all be over, my fabulous day dream, would end with loud applauses and me ushering media out.

Granted I am engaged to a very lovely arrogant man in a well-tailored suite who semi-ignores me yet buys me expensive crap all the time, but I could not help but feel that I and “Bill” the musician had a strong connection…as if we were meant to be together forever and ever. Sooooo, in a very random sketch way I gave him my number HA HA, not that he would ever call me and not that I would ever answer but in my old age I have to find ways to entertain myself.

No comments: